Benefits of Membership – There are so many benefits associated with being a member of the Association of Fundraising Consultants – Click here to find out more.
Membership is open to firms principally or exclusively concerned with the provision of fundraising consultancy services to not-for-profit organisations in the UK. Consultancies from other countries are welcome if they have a demonstrated commitment to providing consultancy in the UK. Indeed such consultancies are encouraged to join and demonstrate their own corporate social responsibility towards the not-for-profit sector in the UK.
Membership is open to organisations which:
- Are able to demonstrate a successful service to a range of clients
- Have been in business continuously within Europe for at least two years or as newly established have a consultant that has been operating continuously within Europe for at least two years
- Have a Chief Executive/Principal who has had at least five years’ continuous successful experience in the field of fundraising consultancy
- Maintain a permanent office within Europe for the conduct of business
- Agree to abide by the AFC Code of Practice
Membership – (fee payable)
Benefits: Networking; profile; advice; association with a quality organisation; higher profile; greater exposure
Responsibilities: Abide by AFC Code of Practice; networking; support of Affiliates
Consultancies wishing to become members must submit an application form and that requires them to provide two references from current and recent clients. Members will be asked every two years to present a further two references so that AFC can check they are still in good standing.
The Membership Committee of the Board may in its absolute discretion determine whether an applicant qualifies as a Member. It may decline to accept any organisation as a Member and need not give reasons for so doing.