Tarnside is a consultancy that helps charities and not-for-profit organisations deliver life-changing improvements through fundraising. We work with causes we respect, and with whom we can empathise. We endeavour to work with integrity and humour and use our collegiate approach and skilled office team to maximise value to our clients.
We have an unparalleled reputation for supporting charities in their work, and for delivering major fundraising campaigns. Our work with charities delivers an exceptional return on investment of between £23 and £77 (against a UK average of £3), and we have supported charities in securing tens of millions in funding.
Current and recent fundraising campaigns on which we have worked include:
- Chetham’s School of Music: £35M raised to build a new school;
- Cheshire Community Foundation: £5M raised in 2 years for the county;
- The Calvert Trust: a successful £3.3M campaign to build a state of the art water centre;
- Abbeyfield: £8.9M raised for a capital appeal (this case now features in the Open University’s ‘Winning Resources’ course as a Case Study).
We also work with clients to provide guidance, support and deliver change. Current and recent clients include:
- Kellogg College, University of Oxford
- Widehorizons Outdoor Education
- The Community Foundation for Wales
- World Wildlife Fund
- The Christie Foundation
- The Devonshire Educational Trust
- Marrick Priory
We help charities achieve their goals through:
- Think Tanks – a low risk route to assessing strategy and creating organisational alignment
- Feasibility Reviews – the essential pre-cursor to a successful campaign. A structured process that gives you the knowledge required to proceed effectively
- Major Donor Development – developing and implementing an effective strategy for bringing in the crucial major gifts
- Personal Mentoring – supporting senior executives through the processes of fundraising and leading change
- Revenue Fundraising – assessing current income streams; identifying gaps and opportunities; developing a strategy; supporting and up-skilling staff
See below or Click here for client case studies:
LICHFIELD CATHEDRAL- THE RACE TO SAVE HERKENRODE GLASS
"Tarnside gave the appeal focus and momentum - they were critical in recruiting and nurturing some key champions to the cause which helped ensure its success."
The Very Revd Adrian Dorber, Dean of Lichfield
"The insight and experience brought to the appeal by Tarnside was the single most important element in making it a success."
Lady Fender, Lichfield Cathedral Council
CHETHAM’S SCHOOL OF MUSIC: CAPITAL APPEAL
"Tarnside provided us with a professional fundraising service and template which guided us in introducing potential donors and supporters to the exceptional qualities of the staff and students of Chetham's School."
Paul Lee, Chairman of the Feoffees of Chetham's School
CHESHIRE COMMUNITY FOUNDATION: A NEW CHARITY FOR CHESHIRE
"Patrick has a great way with him. He was very good at preparing us for the meetings. At a time when the CCF was without a CEO and all run by non-executives, Patrick provided the glue."
Joelle Warren, Cheshire Community Foundation